Aberdeen Airport Disabled Facilities
Facilities for those that require Special Assistance
- Special Assistance enquiry number: 01224 725767.
- Induction loops around the building, marked by the sympathetic ear symbol, to assist hard of hearing passengers with announcements.
- Signage around the airport is in black on yellow, making it distinctive for partially sighted passengers.
- Send a text to 80800 starting your message with ‘Airport’. The airport will call or text you back.
- There are disabled toilets throughout the building.
- Special assistance help desk
Changing Places facilities
Reserved Seating Areas
Long-stay parking for disabled passengers is also located in the short-stay car park; it is important that you inform the parking attendants of the length of your stay on your arrival, to avoid you being charged short-stay parking rates.
Tips for Disabled Air Passengers
Make sure to inform your airline surrounding your specific needs with plenty of time before you fly. Also it is important to let the airline know if you plan to stay in your own wheelchair rather than one provided by the company you’re flying with.
It is important to remember that you may be required to walk a bit further than anticipated, depending on the size of the airport and the distance to your gate for example. Once you have booked your flight, contact the special assistance team at Aberdeen Airport on 01224 725767 to discuss how they can make your journey a little easier.
Our friends at Airport Parking Shop have produced a great range of highly relevant articles surrounding various travel related issues. Topics include Flying with autism, dementia, sensory impairment, diabetes, and stroke. For anyone who is looking to travel via an airport with these medial conditions, they are a great reference with some very handy tips!